1. Fresh chicken : half (carved into pieces)
2. Pitted jujube : 8 pcs
3. Cloud ear fungus : 8 pcs
4. Shaoxing wine : 300ml
5. Ginger : 10 slices
6. Salt : 2 tsps
7. Light brown sugar : 2 Tbsps
8. Cooking oil : 1 Tbsp
9. Hot water : 500ml
1. Rinse the chicken pieces and soak in hot water for 5 min. Remove the water, rinse it. Pat dry and set aside.
2. Soak the jujube and fungus in cold water for 10 min.
3. Saute the ginger, jujubes and fungus in 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok on high heat. When the oil start boiling, add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 3 min. Add Shaoxing wine while stirring. Cook for approx. 2 min.
4. When time is up, add hot water and light brown sugar, and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and cook it covered for 15 min. Season to taste and serve. Enjoy!
Presented by Chinadaily.com.cn Registration Number: 10023870-7
Copyright © Ministry of Culture, P.R.China. All rights reserved