1. Mutton Brisket : 1.5 catty (carved into chunks)
2. Fried Bean Curd Sheet : 1 to 2 packs
3. Mushroom : 8 pcs
4. Water Chestnut : 8 to 10 pcs
5. Ginger : 8 to 10 slices
6. Salt : 1 tsp
7. Star Anise : 2 to 3 pcs (soaked)
8. Garlic : 8 to 10 cloves (crushed)
9. Rock Sugar : 2 to 3 pcs
10. Shaoxing Wine : 1 Tbsp
11. Cooking Oil : 2 Tbsps
12. Hot Water : 800ml
1. Red Fermented Bean Curd : 1.5 cubes
2. Chu Hou Paste : 2 Tbsps
3. Light Soy Sauce : 1 Tbsp
4. Oyster Sauce : 1 Tbsp
1. Rinse the mutton.
2. Rinse and peel the water chestnuts. Cut into halves and set aside.
3. Rinse the mushrooms and soak in hot water for at least 1 hour. Take out and remove the stem. Reserve the soaking liquid.
4. Separate the fried bean curd sheets. Soak in cold water until soft.
5. Blanch the mutton pieces for 3 to 4 mins in a pot of water with 2 slices of ginger and 1 tsp Shaoxing wine. Take out, drain and set aside.
1. Heat up 2 Tbsps of cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Add the star anise, garlic, ginger and the seasonings. Stir to mix.
2. Then add the blanched mutton and pour Shaoxing wine around the wok. Saute for 1 to 2 mins.
3. Add 400ml of hot water to the wok. Braise uncovered on high heat for 7 to 8 mins.
4. Transfer the mutton to a casserole. Add the water chestnut、mushroom、mushroom water, rock sugar and the remaining hot water (water should covering all ingredients)
5. to braise on high heat for 1 hour. Then turn off heat and let rest covered for 30 mins.
6. When time is up, add the bean curd sheets. Put the lid back on and high heat to braise for another 20 mins. Add salt if necessary. Serve with seasonal vegetables. Enjoy!
Presented by Chinadaily.com.cn Registration Number: 10023870-7
Copyright © Ministry of Culture, P.R.China. All rights reserved