By the Ministry of Culture and the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television
(March 21, 2001)
The Ministry of Culture and the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (hereinafter referred to as SARFT) conducted nation-wide activities cracking down on film smuggle and piracy, which has effectively restrained rampant film piracy, improved the environment of the film market to some extent. As a kind of cultural consumable, films are becoming increasingly welcomed by more consumers, and the distribution and projection of films produced inChinahas increased in various degrees especially in recent years. However, driven by profits, a bunch of criminals are producing piracy audio-video products, especially piracies of films produced inChina, which severely lashes the film market. In order to give a blow to film piracy and smuggle, maintain the regular order of film market ofChina, and protect intellectual property, the Ministry of Culture and the SARFT has made a decision of conducting a nation-wide activity cracking down on film smuggle and piracy in 2001. Here is a notice of related items:
1. Cultural administrations, film and audio-video administrations of all levels shall continue to implement the spirit ofNotice on Cracking Down on Film Smuggling and Pirate(Doc No. 3 in 1999) jointly promulgated by the Ministry of Culture and the SARFT, earnestly deploy and arrange the work on cracking down on film piracy of this year, make sure to combine combating of film smuggle and film piracy, and focus on the cracking down on illegal audio-video products of piracy films produced in China.
2. Cultural administrations and film administrations at all levels shall enhance the management work on the film market. Regions where film smuggles and piracies are serious shall formulate feasible and concrete plans. To co-operate the distribution and projection of films produced inChina, especially around the time when key-recommended excellent homemade films are projected, efforts shall be made to strengthen the regulation of market and give a blow to illegal business actions.
3. The film distribution and projection units shall actively co-operate the work of the cultural and film administrations of all levels;audit groups of cultural markets shall take this work as an emphasis, and, with critical clews, investigate the roots and sources. The Market Office of the Ministry of Culture and the SARFT shall check the work on combating film smuggle and piracy of all regions in an appropriate time.
4. Outstanding collectives and individuals in cracking down on film smuggle shall be recommended by every province in accordance with relevant provisions in thePraising and Rewarding Methods of Cracking Down on Film Smuggle(DOC No. 75 in 1999) and theNotice on Praising and Awarding Outstanding Collectives and Individuals in Cracking Down on Film Smuggle(DOC No.332 in 1999).
The selection of outstanding collectives and individuals in combating film piracy shall base on: whether or not active efforts have been made in deploying combats against film piracy; whether or not the market order has been obviously improved; whether or not the piracy of audio-video products has been severely struck; whether or not the distribution and projection departments are satisfied, etc. High rewards shall be given to those who have cracked important and critical criminal cases, investigate and punished wholesale and sales cotes, taken over piracy audio-video products in large amount.
5. The Market Office of the Ministry of Culture and the SARFT shall praise and reward those outstanding collectives and individuals emerging in the activities combating film smuggle and piracy during the years of 2000-2001 at the end of this year. List and materials for outstanding collectives and individuals recommended by all regions shall be reported and submitted to the Market Office of the Ministry of Culture.
Presented by Chinadaily.com.cn Registration Number: 10023870-7
Copyright © Ministry of Culture, P.R.China. All rights reserved